Your work will be assessed using an A to E grading system in Stage 1 and an A+ to E- grading system in Stage 2. These systems are supported by rigorous quality assurance processes.
To be awarded the certificate, you will need to achieve a C grade or better for the compulsory Stage 1 subjects - the Personal Learning Plan and English and mathematics subjects. You will also need to achieve a C- grade or better in 60 credits of Stage 2 subjects and in 10 credits for the Research Project.
Getting your SACE
Each subject or course that you successfully complete earns 'credits' towards the SACE. Students receive a final grade from A to E for each Stage 1 subject and from A+ to E- for each Stage 2 subject.
To gain your SACE, you need to achieve 200 credits.
The compulsory subjects make up 50 credits:
- 10 credits for the Personal Learning Plan at Stage 1
- 20 credits chosen from a range of English subjects at Stage 1 or Stage 2 (literacy requirement)
- 10 credits chosen from a range of mathematics subjects at Stage 1 or Stage 2 (numeracy requirement)
- 10 credits for the Research Project at Stage 2.
You will also need to successfully complete at least 60 credits from Stage 2 subjects. You can choose these subjects, but they have to be worth at least 60 credits in total.
The remaining 90 credits can be gained through additional Stage 1 or Stage 2 subjects or Board-recognised courses (such as VET or community learning). You can choose the subjects or courses that you study to gain the remaining 90 credits.
To gain your SACE, you need to achieve:
- a C grade or better in the compulsory Stage 1 subjects
- a C- grade or better in the compulsory 70 credits of Stage 2 subjects, including 10 credits for the Research Project.
This information was gathered from the SACE website. For more information, please visit: https://www.sace.sa.edu.au